Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Festivities

While I did not take any pictures ( I was busy cooking and sleeping.), I wanted to share our Thanksgiving Day. I actually started cooking the day before, of course. I made pies all day on Wednesday. We had 2 pumpkin pies, one deep dish apple pie, one pecanpie, and a special request peach pie. Gee, how many people were we expecting? Oh, about 14 total. Yes, 5 pies for 14 people. I know. On Thanksgiving Day, I woke up and made breakfast burritos for my hubby, son, and nephew to take paintballing with them. Whiel they went and paintballed, the girls and I made ready the feast. One turkey roasting, 2 sweet potato casseroles ( one with marshmallows, one without), stuffing, broccoli, mashed potatoes, spinach dip, veggie tray, rolls, oh the food amounts were obscene. We finally had everything ready and people started arriving. Stephen, Kim and family, Dad, and finally, the missionaries. Once everyone arrived and enjoyed some of the appetizers, we began eating. And eating. And eating. LOL After everyone had their fill, the missionaries shared a wonderful gospel message with us and I sent them on their way with a bag of left overs and their special request peach pie. Then the rest of us sat down and enjoyed some football and some sleep. The during the Cowboys game there was....SNOW!!! Yes, snow in Dallas on Thanksgiving. Too funny! It was a wonderfully relaxing day. I am truly thankful to be in this great land and to have the family and friends and I do. I hope each of you had a truly blessed Thanksgiving as well.

1 comment:

The Waters Family said...

AHHHH-what a great day-- Now the day before when you were so busily preparing pies looked exhausting but it was ALL WORTH IT! glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!