Sunday, February 24, 2008
When it rains.....
So, this was my first week back to work. I fell right back into the routine of a doctor's office rather easily. However, the rest of my life seems to fall apart as I do. James received horrible news at work on Monday. As I was settling into a new job he was getting demoted and taking a huge pay cut at his. Not a good start to the week. He has had a blessing, met the new manager who will be replacing him, and has been rather peeved all week. Can't say I blame him.
But work isn;t the only problem. The kids aretaking adavantage of my lack of time to check up on them. The house is a wreck, dinners are sporadic, and I am exhausted trying to keep up with it all. I know that once we are all used to it things will settle down, but in the mean time,I feel like I am failing. I am in need of some serious TLC.
Thankfully, I have a wonderful friend who does my hair. And the dear, sweetheart gave me a wonderful cut and color touch up on Saturday. I just love Sheila and her sweet spirit. She is so giving and knew exactly what I needed. Thank goodness for girlfriends.
So, I ask for prayers and support from all my friends. If I sound loopy or crazy when we talk just chalk it up to the Stay at Home Mom who is out of her element in the working world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh honey- 1st of all -- Sheila is amazing! It is truly therapeutic to visit her PLUS you leave her looking so fabulous that you literally don't wash your hair for 3 days as to not wreck it! LOL 2ndly-- I am praying for y'all-- I am sure the Lord will guide and protect your family-- You are such a special daughter of God- He is aware of all your feelings and needs- I pray that you feel like you are in the 'palm of His Hand'-- (that's the powerful phrase that my girlfriend prayed for me once and it was so vivid to me-- I really felt that way!) So, keep your chin up and things will settle down and get better!
Hi Apes- never get to talk to you much anymore-- Thinking of you this morning before I run off to "Moms for Christ" work- I'm sitting for the moms while they have a little meeting. Wish I could be in the meeting today- I just feel a little drained. Anyhow-- BLOG so I can read more of what's up since we are both so busy we never connect that much lately! :)
Post a Comment