Sunday, July 6, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

~Independence Day~
So, to celebrate this great country of ours, Jimmy and I
packed up the kids and headed off to Lake Bob Sandlin State Park!
We had 3 1/2 days of fun and relaxation enjoying the sun and each other. We started off Thursday getting everything set up after we arrived.
On Friday we woke up to celebrate the 4th of July!!
Angelina was a little slow to join the world of the living though.
Gage and Charity had fun trying to wake her though.
Charity marched outside ready to join the day and found some cute little frogs
hopping around camp. We called them "peepers" when I was growing up.
The kids liked that name so we kept it. The name, not the frog.
Then we headed off to the lake for some swimming and sunning.
There was a wonderful diving dock floating out in the swimming area, where the kdis spent most of their time.

We enjoyed some snacks and drinks by the lake, and stayed a little time in the shade.
Angelina took some extra time and made a "beautiful" lei and bracelet
from the "duckwood" floating in the lake.

We also had a new game we purchased just for the campout. It was called ladderball. Gage and the other kids had a great time playing it. They challenged anyone who came near. Mommy, Daddy, and even kids camping at the site next to us. I didn't always do so well, but I did beat Daddy.
Friday night we had the best view for Fireworks. We went down to the lake where we had spent the day swimming and watched fireworks going off all along the lakeshore. The kdis loved their glowing necklaces and bracelets.
Today we headed home and had peaceful drive. We even checked out another park not too far from Bob Sandlin, called Daingerfield. We are tentatively planning on going there on Labor Day weekend. If all works out.
All in all, it was a wonderful way to celebrate the freedom we all love. I thank Heavenly Father to live in this great country and to have the family I am blessed with. The blessings of freedom and to enjoy the privilege of having the gospel. I am truly blessed to have these blessings. Happy 4th of July to everyone and God Bless America!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful day!

JAMIE said...

What a great time! I am so glad that you got to do it!

The Waters Family said...

What a great way to spend the 4th!! looks like it was a wonderful time!