Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our arrival in Puerto Villarta was pleasant enough, until you went outside. It was very hot and humid. Thankfully though, it was slightly overcast, so we didn't burn.
We went on an ATV tour fo the jungle there on our second day in Mexico. It was amazing to see some of the sites. The greenery was spectacular, and the views of the mountains took your breath away. I tried to take pictures and drive at the same time, but that proved to be a bad idea. LOL
There were plenty of streams and rivers to cross through and get good and muddy. The kids would have loved it.
Of course, my sweetie stayed behind me to make sure I was safe...yeah right! It was so he could goof off and not get in trouble. LOL
This is an example of some of the beautiful flowers I enjoyed along the way. This particular bush was at our first resting place.
And this is the first resting place...a bar that literally just pops out of the jungle. Too funny. Thankfully, there was a beautiful waterfall and pools right beside it for those of us not enjoying the alcoholic libations could enjoy.
After enjoying the waterfall we were back on the ATVs to head further up the mountain. Yes, after allowing the other riders to drink we went higher and on narrower roads....only in Mexico.
We went another stopping place where they showed us how to make Tequila. Not something I will ever use, but it was fun. They let the other riders drink some more and then we went still further up the mountain. It really was a fun time. They had a rattlesnake in a cage at the second stop where they had, you guessed it, another bar. LOL
This was the view right outside the tequilla bar.
James's Service Manager accompanied us on this trip since his fiance' was unable to ride.
This was a view from along the road way on the third leg of our trip. Just beautiful.
After our ATV ride we went back to the resort and had a wonderful lunch at the Seaside Grill. This was the view from the restraunt. They do repelling from this cliff during the off season. The beach was beautiful in the sunshine, but the water was cold.
We really enjoyed relaxing that afternoon, since we were going snorkeling the next day.
The snorkeling was amazing as well. I guess that is just my word for this weekend. LOL We took a katamaran out to Meritas Island, which is a wildlife preserve, and the water there was warm. It was a long boat ride, an hour and a half on open ocean. Someone got sick, not me, but someone else. LOL We snorkeled for about an hour and I took pictures with an underwater camera. Hopefully I can post the pictures later.
All in all it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend. I enjoyed the time with my husband, but of course, it is always good to be back home.

2 comments:

The Waters Family said...

What an awesome time y'all had! That ATV tour looked so FUN! Great blogging- I felt like I was right there watching you! LOL

The Waters Family said...

I keep scrolling down your blog--looking at all the scenic pictures. Oh it would be nice to escape somewhere like that with just my hubby! I'm so glad you and Jimmy got to go!