Today was an interesting day for us. Charity had her 3 month follow up at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital. This was our thrid visit and we were hoping her curvature had not progressed. We were waiting for her to have a growth spurt to see if it would get worse or get better. Well, in true Charity style, she only grew 1.5 CENTIMETERS, yes centimeters. So, althoguh she had not gained any height, she did have a change in the curve of her spine. Unfortunately, not for the better. Her curvature is now a 26 degree curve at the top and a 24 degree curve at her hips. So, she is being fitted with a brace.
She seems to be fine with it. She will wear it 18 hours a day. She can take it off in the afternoon so she can play on her bike or go jump on Brooke's trampoline. But she has to wear it to school, church, and to bed. Sigh, oh well. If it works it will prevent her needing surgery when she gets older. She will wear this brace for at least 3 years, maybe more. It depends on when her growth plastes begin to fuse. Joy. Knowing how she grows, this will take forever. LOL
Anyway, besides that news Charity had a blast on the wonderful playground they have there. This playgrounsd was definitely designed with all children in mind. There is everything from trick mirrors to playhouses. And there are wonderfulk statutes surrounding. One inparticular I was very fond of. It is a stutue of children in a circle and there is a spot for a real child to join in with them and hold hands. However, the reason I liked it so much was found on closer inspection. Charity actually pointed it out to me at our last visit there. On the left hand of one little girl is a CTR ring. I was so surprised to find it there. I guess it just goes to show, the Lord finds ways to comfort us when we least expect it.
I know this will be a challenge for us, but I am sure we will grow and be better for it. Prayers are always appreciated for our little girl . It will take her awhile to get used to the new brace, so dance is out for awhile. But she is OK with that. So, hugs for my baby girl. And may this treatment go the way the Lord has planned. May he keep his loving comfort around my baby and help us all through this new challenge. I am so thankful to know of his healing powers and comforting guidance. And I am glad for wonderful family and friends like you.






3 comments:
Wow-
1st off- so amazing that the statue was wearing the CTR ring! So cool
and WOW- this is big news- I'm glad she is being a trooper and up for the plan- I can't believe she has grown so little- She is just a petite little beauty!
I'm praying for this situation!
I love your family--
oh sorry-- IT's me Debbie
I forgot I was logged into Jillian's new blog LOL
April that is amazing that the statue has a CTR ring. My older sister had to wear a brace for over a year. I'm glad that your DD is taking it so well.
Post a Comment