Last night as my husband and I were watching television I turned to BYU TV. I love that channel and always find something wonderful on there. Last night though, it seemed they were talking directly to me. Lately I have felt that maybe homeschooling wasn't such a hot idea and maybe my children were not getting what they needed. I know second guessing the confirmation I received is not a good thing. Anyway, the first talk that came on was from Education week, and it was Boyd K. Packer speaking. what was the topic? Teaching your children. He was specifically talking about mothers and their duty to teach their children the things that the Lord wants them to know and how we are responsible for their education. Now I know some may have taken it differently, but to me it was another confirmation that what I am doing is right. It made me feel like Heavenly Father knew I needed to hear that at this time. The next one was about raising our children with respect for them selves and others. The speaker mentioned how we need to model the behavior we want in our children. The example he gave hit home HARD. He said "You can't look at your children and scream 'Don't yell!' and expect them to take you seriously" Anyone who knows me would also know that yelling is a fault of mine. Him using just that example was like a slap in the face to wake me up. I immediately said a prayer that Heavenly Father would help me with this. I was amazed at how in tune the programming was last night with my needs. I love it when you can know for a certainty that Heavenly Father is aware of you and your struggles, and that He sends help right away. I am so thankful for that and just had to share.
1 comment:
I am so glad you felt confirmed in your decision to Home School. I know you can teach them a curriculm not just of Science and History but coupled with Faith and Gospel Principles so that your children will have a sure foundation of Christ. I know it must be hard having the kids ALL the time but you know it's the Lord's Will for your family--I love feeling the spirit of confimation. Thank goodness for KBYU! lol (always great talks and instruction)
Post a Comment