Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Had to beat the heat
Texas heat can be brutal. So, in an effort to maintain my sanity and the health of my children, I took them to the pool at the gym. It was a wonderful idea. The kids had a blast, and I felt refreshed afterwards.
The gym employs some really great lifeguards. They are mostly young adults who are just full of energy themselves, so it shouldn't be surprising to see them horsing around with all the kids during their off duty times. Today as I was lounging in the pool trying to keep from baking into a pile of dust I looked across the pool and saw 3 of these wonderful young men playing with about a dozen kids. The kids were climbing on them, tugging them, trying to dunk them, and the guys were laughing just as hard as the kids as they tossed them, dunked them, and just generally had a good time. It was really a funny sight to see, and also really nice. It was nice to see some really fun, thoughtful young people who would take the time out of their day to play with a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds. These life guards have also been known to start impromptu games of freeze tag or other lawn games during the safety breaks when the kids can not be in the pool. I am so gald Lifetime Fitness employs them.
I also had the opportunity to play a little water catch with the kids while we were there, so the kids would not think their mom was a total fuddy duddy. Angelina actually has a really good arm when she wants to. LOL
So now, I am pink, but the kids are not. I am tired, but the kids are not, but the kids are happy.....and so am I. Isn't that what it is supposed to be about?
Have a great rest of your summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where are the PICS??? Is your camera still broke?
Well--glad y'all had fun at the pool!
just re-read your blog entry- YES TX Heat CAN be BRUTAL!!!
Post a Comment