Saturday, August 18, 2007

Families Are Forever

Today I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the sealing of the Miller Family in our ward. Jessica is my Visiting Teaching Coordinator and a wonderful sister. Her husband, David, is a Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency. They have 3 beautiful children that they were sealed to today.

As I was sitting next to Jessica in the sealing room, I could feel the Spirit so strong that I was unable to hold back the tears. The ceremony was so sweet. To see these two wonderful people kneeling across from each other was just so touching. Then when the children joined them, it was almost as if you could hear the angels escorting them in. They were so sweet and precious all dressed in white. As the sealer declared them a forever family, everyone in the room was smiling and many had tears of joy streaming down their face.

After the ceremony I began to think of my own family. My wonderful husband and I were sealed and married for time and all eternity 7 years ago. Ever since we were sealed I have hoped for the day when I could have my children sealed to us as well. While I know we can not do that at this moment, I am praying that the time for that will come very soon. That was the thought that ran through my mind as I drove home today. The desire for us to be a Forever Family is strong, and the knowledge of the blessings that will come with it is wonderful. I happily, but anxiously, wait for the day when my husband and I can kneel and have our children around us as we are declared a Forever Family as well.

2 comments:

The Waters Family said...

Sweetie--I was thinking the same thing! As so many of us were overcome with emotion and feelings of joy from the holy spirit-- I looked over at you and thought-- This will be The Alligood Family one day soon! Love your family--Y'all are such an example to me! xoxo Deb

AAA said...

Deb- You are so sweet. I hope it will be us soon. That is my prayer for sure.