Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Football Season is Here!!

Texas in September. Heat, changing weather, school starting,and of course, FOOTBALL.
Gage is playing again this year after taking off a year. This year is tackle. Oh boy. I was not too sure about it. I don't like the idea of intentionally letting people hit my child. But he was all for it, so off we go. He had weigh in and hit the scales at a whopping 59 pounds. LOL Can you imagine the damage he will do with that kind of weight behind him? Well, I guess as long as his heart is in it, it isn't size that matters.
So, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday you will find us at the football field. Orange and blue adorning us to show team spirit for our little man. Go Bisons!
Here are some practice pictures as they prepare for their first game.
Here we are at practice field. It is hot, and the hits come hard.
The first game of the season was Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 5pm. They played against the Bears.
Lined up before the game, waiting for warms ups.
Last minute advice from Daddy.

Warm ups to get ready.

HERE COME THE BISONS!!!

MY FAVORITE BISON OF THEM ALL!

Well, they ended up losing the game, but it was close. Bears 13, Bisons 12. And to make up for it, there was an awesome pool party afterwards at a fellow team mates house. I thinks the kids forgot they lost. LOL

So, we have 2 whole months to enjoy this season, then relax...and wait for next year.

2 comments:

The Waters Family said...

SO FUN!!!! Go Gage GO!!! Looks like a blast! Love the picture of Dad giving him some last minute advice!! Gage looks so tough!! Tackle though-yikes!! But Gage is all about it though I'm sure!! Great blog!

The Waters Family said...

OHhhhhh-- I just noticed the one with him sitting on the bench with his name... Alligood--- So cool!!!